Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feeding the birds

I'll have to add a picture sometime as I did not take any today because I suck when it comes to photography, but Benny and I went to this cool park about 2-3 miles from our house. It is in Hercules and there are/is a reg playground and a little kid playground, as well as lots of grass, trails, and a large pond with fountains, ducks and fish (very tiny fish, possibly to feed the ducks).

We took some bread with us, hoping to toss some to the birds in the water. Well they saw us coming and swarms of geese came out and walked around. It was like the movie "The Birds." They were extremely people friendly and waited for the food; I'm guessing this happens a lot. Well the funniest and slightly scary part was when Benny decided that he, too, wanted bread and was eating a large piece. One of the birds was not going to let that piece go and came over and snatched it right out of Benny's hand as he was holding the bread to his mouth. I couldn't believe how brave they are and was just glad they didn't go for his eye or something as they did get a little feisty with each other fighting over pieces of bread.

I really like this area and hope we can find a good place to live. And we will all have to go back to that park and take the camera next time. It was a nice day (until he, of course, threw a fit when it was time to leave).

2 comments:

Court and Jill said...

What?? He snatched it out of his hand? That is so crazy. And bring your camera next time...those pics would be fun to see.

Esther said...

We have a little duck park here too. Jordan likes to chase the geese and it scares me to death. I keep thinking at some point they are going to turn around and attack him.