Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Grandparents' Day

Grandparents are great. I'm so glad Benny has 3 sets, plus one living great-grandma.
I've been thinking about them a lot lately and have been wanting to write about them and let them know how much they are appreciated. As I write this now, I realize Grandparents' Day is this weekend! What a coincidence.

Grandpa Tom and Grammy (Ben's dad and stepmom) live in Bakersfield and Cambria, CA. This was actually taken last Christmas, the last time we saw them! So it has been awhile. Definitely time for a new visit! We are looking forward to seeing them soon now that we live a little closer:



This is Grandpa and Grandma Christensen who live in Lompoc, CA. I think this was taken around New Year's. They go to Utah to visit several times a year, which was nice. We now live about 5 hours away and plan to have a visit within the next few weeks:



Grandma Sue and Uncle Jon (Ben's mom and brother) live in Lehi, UT, which was about 20 min from where we were. It was nice having them so close. They helped out with so many things, especially taking care of Benny. This was a farewell dinner at Outback right before we moved:



And this is great-Grandma Christensen, Kari's dad's mom. I don't remember my great-grandparents, so it is nice that Benny has one right now. He also loves this huge Care Bear at Auntie Kimiko and Uncle Dan's house. This was at his cousin Mayumi's 1st bday:



Thank you to the grandparents who do so much by supporting us in all we do, babysitting, feeding us, and thinking and praying for us! We know we are in your thoughts, and you are in ours.

3 comments:

mom2JJ said...

I am so glad you finally posted! I enjoyed reading all of them! Tell your grandma hello. I'm ready for a game of chicken feet!

Bingham fam said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe that you knew it was grandparent day! You are so SMART!! Hey how is Cali? Hope things are good!

Jacqs said...

that is so funny about the asians you bought the tv stand from!! I was dying laughing!! You look so good and tan, i am so jealous! You will have to post pictures of your new apartment and congrats on selling the house!! I didnt know, and thats awesome! to do the pictures you dowload photscape... i just google it! I will try and get a post up in a few days to better explain but this way you can see if you can find it sooner!