Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bla bla bla about my child

As I said in the beginning, this is going to kind of be my "journal," so many posts may be boring posts that only I care about and will mention my child(ren) a lot, like this one.

Are all kids this funny? My little 21 month old sure can talk. He says the darndest things. Right now he is obsessed with pillows and hogs all of them. We have given him 3 or 4 so at least he's not taking ours all the time now. The other day we had to run an errand, and after we got in the car he realized he did not have his pillow with him. I told him it was in the house, so he looked up at me and said, "Get it."
"No, I am not going to go back and get your pillow so you can take it to the store."

He is also obsessed with chocolate. He loves all candy, but especially chocolate (to his Grandpa Christensen's dismay/delight). I gave him a milk dud today and as he was running around, he started making gagging faces. I asked him if he was ok and he matter-of-factly said "choke!", fixed the long stream of caramel going down his throat, and went on his way. No idea where he learned that one.

He was the life of the party yesterday when we went to a ward member's home to watch the Saturday morning session of General Conference and then have lunch. He cried when he first got there as the new situation and faces scared him, but he warmed up by the time lunch rolled around. When he heard the banging plates and silverware, he hopped up into a chair and sat alone at the table, patiently waiting for all the food prep to be done so he could eat. When it comes to food, he is not shy.

He is also super into TV. I have created a cartoon monster. When we first moved into these apartments, we didn't have any of our stuff except for our laptop. We used it to steal internet off of one of the neighbors and let Benny watch episode after episode of "Sponge Bob Squarepants" until our stuff came. Once the TV came he always wanted to watch "toons." It is the first word he says when he wakes up in the morning. He has his favorite shows. He does not want to leave the house to go the beach or the lake. I am a horrible mother for allowing this to happen and he will fry his brain. Actually though he fortunately watches learning shows like "Elmo," "Dora," and "The Backyardigans." I'm the one that finally turns it to "SpongeBob" when I can't take another rerun of "Yo Gabba Gabba." That show is WEIRD. But he LOVES it.

He is still very big and very heavy. We wonder when he's going to slow down as his doctor swears he will not be the huge football player we're hoping for. He's also not too bad looking and we get a lot of attention and comments whenever we go out. I had one lady at the drive-thru of Carl's Jr. practically poking her head into my car so she could ooo and ahhh. I finally said I had to go and drove off. It's nice that people like him though. He's always smiling and telling everyone hi and bye.
Oh, speaking of drive-thrus. I remember one time my former boss telling me his family went to the drive-thru cleaners to pick up some clothes once and his toddler boy piped up from the back "I'll have fries!" I thought that was so funny. Well, now if I go anywhere drive-up Benny asks for fries too! I guess we eat out more than I thought we did.

Here he is being attacked with a hug by a tiny girl. He cracks me up

4 comments:

Court and Jill said...

He he! I actually loved reading all those...he's funny. Choke!!! Ha ha ha!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

He is so funny, I wished he would have talked more with us so I could hear how funny he is. And don't feel like a bad mom because of the cartoons...because if you are a bad mom for that, than I guess I will have to be a member of your club. :)

kimiko said...

Don't feel bad. Mayumi has figured out how to use the TV remote, and I'm sure it's because of my bad example. :(

Angela Okada said...

I love that this is your journal for Benny. He is a man after my own heart, cuz I love chocolate too :-) Glad you are doing good in Cali.