Sunday, January 2, 2011

3 Years Old

Is it bad that I might be a tiny bit sad? Today he is officially no longer a baby. I've seen it coming for awhile now, but today I can no longer say he's still my two year-old toddler.



This is the 1st cake I've ever tried to do, you know, besides a 9x13 or round. It turned out to be about what I expected for a 1st attempt. At least Benny can tell it's a firetruck.


More of the holiday festivities to come later, but I just had to tell someone that Benny is all grown up now.

7 comments:

Bingham fam said...

That is an awesome cake!!! You rock Kari! And Benny is so dang cute!! What a handsome little guy.

Jennifer said...

Benny is such a handsome little guy! I'm still in denial that Tyson's not my baby boy anymore and he'll be 5 this year. Happy birthday Benny!

Lori said...

I am sorry. I bet it would be really hard. Such a cute boy!!!! I was sad when my 4 year old nephew became 4 and now he will be 5 in the summer!!!!! makes me sad.

BTW- Mark Peterson just got put in as 1st counselor in their bishopric! he will do so great.

Court and Jill said...

awesome cake!

Wynette said...

I remember his first birthday bash. Wasn't that just a little while ago? I think it is great that you are enjoying him being young because they really do grow up soooo fast. Cute picture.

bethanyg said...

I love the cake! I always make cakes for the kids' birthdays, and they usually end up looking much worse than that. The kids and I got a good laugh out of the Benny-isms. When Abram was about that age, he once asked me "How come I've never seen God at church?" I am still laughing at that!

Kristi said...

What a handsome boy!!! Happy Birthday Benny! Your cake looks great! I could never even come close to creating something like that!