Saturday, December 18, 2010

Benny-isms of the week

(Last Saturday)
Benny: Bye, Dad, I'm going to the store with Mommy. And make sure she doesn't yell at me.

(Monday)
Me: OK, Benny, you can watch a show on my bed while I exercise.
Benny: Why do you need to exercise? So you won't be fat?

(Wednesday, doctor's office)
Benny: Is that a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge?
Me, looking closely: Um, yes, it actually IS the Golden Gate Bridge.
Benny: Remember the time we went under the bridge with Grandpa Tom and Grammy in a boat? (That was almost a year ago. His memory is incredible)

A bit later, STILL at the doctor's office:
Benny: What is the doctor going to do?
Me: Well, I have a sinus infection so my nose is kind of yucky.
Benny: Oh, you're right, you should have the doctor get all that hair out of there.

A few minutes later:
Me: Benny, we have been here a really long time and I need to get to work, so I'll give the doctor 5 more minutes and then we're leaving.
Benny: No! Mommy, you can't leave until the doctor gets all the boogers out of your nose!

(Thursday, getting ready for a nap)
Benny: Remember when Daddy showed me pictures on the grey laptop of when I was in your tummy, and your tummy was really big?
Me: Yeah, and wouldn't it be cool if there was another baby in there and my tummy got big again?
Benny: Yeah, but your tummy is already getting bigger.
Me: Oh really, where?
Benny: (Pointing) here and here.
Me: That's not a baby, it's just fat.
Benny: Oh, it's fat? I think you better work out more, Mommy.

A bit later:
Benny: Alright, you can have a baby in there but make sure your tummy doesn't break.

5 comments:

kimiko said...

Ha ha! Hope the doctor cleaned out all the hairs and boogers and that your belly doesn't break.

Lori said...

oh he is totally hilarious!

Angela Okada said...

Keep those Benny-ism's comin'. He is just so cute!!!!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

He is hillarious, he got both of your sense of humors...what a funny little boy!

Carrie said...

priceless. kiddo's do say the funniest things. I'm glad you have a great sense of humor!