Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good guy

My husband is a good one. And I often don't give him enough credit. Especially this week. He has had a really grueling week at work (apparently teaching Special Ed can get kind of crazy, and gross) and I often lose patience when he gets worn out and I don't get the breaks I "feel I deserve." I put that in quotes to soften it a bit, so I don't sound like a complete jerk of a wife.

I remembered that a couple weeks ago I was thinking what a good guy he was after one night in particular. We were going to babysit for my sister but I was pretty busy that night, and without hesitation Ben said he didn't mind just doing it himself. So he fed the kids, played with them, got them in their pajamas, etc. When I got home I saw that Benny and Mayumi were wearing the same pajamas. Kimiko and I had somehow bought the exact same ones for our kids.
I didn't even have to wonder if Ben took some pictures; of course he did. He thinks of things like that.

I know it's a little thing, snapping a quick picture, but he does thoughtful little things like that a lot. He turns on my seat warmer for me when he starts the car. He drops off Benny and picks him up on the days I work, and also gets him ready to save me 10 minutes since I am ALWAYS running late. He brings home extra toys from school that he thinks Benny will like.

So off I go to see if there is something I can do for him. I'd like to one day be as good a wife as he is a husband.

9 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

I love the pic, they look so cute! And you do have a great husband, but he also has a great wife. You guys are perfect for eachother because you both serve eachother so much, what a great example to all of us...

By the way I love Benny's song of the dinosaurs it reminds me so much of something my boys would come up with. :)

Lori said...

very sweet post. Ben is a good guy. But you are also amazing. so there.

and sweet pic of Benny and his cousin.

Angela Okada said...

Loved this post. Ben is also very lucky to married to one awesome girl!!!

Brooke said...

I am glad that Ben is taking such great care of my way super awesome cousin :) and it's so totally awesome that you and Kimiko bought the same pjs for the kids. I love it!

Erin said...

So nice Kari. I hope he reads this. :) Love the cute picture at the end.

Esther said...

That is so sweet! It is the little things that make such a big difference.

Lindsay said...

You both are great parents and Benny is very lucky to have both of you

Wynette said...

It just gets better Kari. Thanks for posting that cute picture. They are growing so fast!

mom2JJ said...

Great post--it's nice to be reminded how lucky we are to have someone special to share our life with. (and they are lucky too!)

Love ya!!!