Monday, March 5, 2012

Ellie's special day

We were able to bless Ellie in our church on New Year's Day when she was almost 4 weeks old.  What a great way to bring in the New Year!  It was such a nice day with my parents, Ben's mom and brother, and Kimiko's family.  Much smaller gathering than when we blessed Benny and took up half the chapel, but very sweet of people to make the effort to come, and others who were thinking of us although unable to make it.

Her acne showed up just in time to be blessed, and went away shortly after.  She still looked adorable though.

We kind of left getting her a dress to the last minute. One reason we had procrastinated was we couldn't decide if she should have her own dress to keep forever, or be sentimental and use the family one that I was blessed in, as well as my dad and his siblings.  We decided to get her own, and when we looked online I couldn't believe what I found.  It looked like a little miniature of my wedding dress.  I knew she had to have it.  And it was perfect.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

What a sweet, beautiful girl and photo :)

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful picture. She looks like a sweet baby girl. Congratulations!

Esther said...

Such a beautiful little girl! I love her dress! I always thought if I had a girl I would try to use my old wedding dress to make a blessing dress, but that never happened. Congratulations!