Sunday, June 6, 2010

My grossest day ever


Not for the faint of heart!

I will spare you the pictures. Yes, Ben took some while laughing his head off. Our new landlords were also laughing their heads off. At least there was humor in the situation, even if I wanted to puke from the smell.

We met up with our new landlord to get the keys to the house and go over a few things. Benny has had diarrhea this week after our trip to Utah but he has been acting fine otherwise. So he was running around with the other kids while we talked to the landlord, so we didn't notice the smell until the end. As I lifted him to put him in his car seat, Ben noticed the brown streaks on Benny's leg. Uh oh, that must be a pretty bad diaper if it's running down his legs. I took him back down so I could line the carseat with paper towels so the leaky diaper wouldn't get everywhere. Then all h-e-c-k broke loose. As I lifted him back up to put him in his carseat, I kind of swung him over the edge of the seat. That small swing was all the momentum the poop needed to fly up and out the top back of the diaper, smattering my shirt, pants, shoes, the ground, the car seat, the car, the tires with nasty stinky poo! I stood there in shock not knowing what to do, where to move or how to breathe. I sent Ben into the house to strip Benny and rinse him off in the tub, but unfortunately I would just have to wait till I got back home to clean myself.
Now I have dealt with leaky diapers and accidents and puke, but the volume of this splatter was incredible. I have never seen so much poop in my life.

The reason for such a graphic post is to give background detail to precede the words which then came from this little two year old's mouth.
I found Ben and Benny in the bathroom and when Benny saw me, he said:
"You got lotta poop on you. Probably change clothes."
Uh... you think????

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Gross! I'm so sorry Kari. You probably handled it all with grace. I'd probably start gagging myself and then Aaron would have to clean up poop and vomit. I hope Benny is getting a little better.

Mrs. Patterson said...

I love that kid!

Maggie said...

Poor kid...poor parents! Cleaning up bodily fluids is one of the grossest things...I feel for you.

Kristi said...

I am so sorry!!! It's bad enough just cleaning up the kid so adding yourself is horrifying! Good thing he is so cute and sweet!!!