Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moving day

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who helped us move yesterday. We've never had anyone help us and I can't believe how nice it was to have so many bodies carrying boxes and loading items, and even providing an extra truck. To top it off it was 96 degrees here on the coast. What a day.

We just moved to the next little neighboring town into a home with a little bit more space and yard for a growing 2 year old.

My parents hate attention, but I especially want to say thank you for all of their help. They drove the 4.5 hours up and helped move a bunch of stuff, babysat, mowed the lawn, ran errands, and cleaned. My mom is going to stay all week to help me clean and babysit. And to top it off then my dad is going to make a second trip up to pick up my mom. I think this is a very, very nice thing for them to do, especially as this is not a fun trip for things like sight-seeing or relaxing.



Thanks again! Benny is sure happy to have had you come.

8 comments:

Court and Jill said...

YAY! Hope you love the new house :)

Lori said...

I am glad you had so much help! sorry i didn't help when you guys moved from the colonies. if i had known when it was, i would have helped load boxes.

Lindsay said...

I sure love parents that help out. I don't know how we would ever do all the things we do without them.

Carrie said...

Yeah! It does go so much more smoothly with people helping out. I'm glad your parents came up. Have fun this week with your mom and getting things together.

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you had great help with the move. Moving is one of my least favorite things to do. And don't you just love family? What would we do without them?! Enjoy the new house!

Esther said...

I am so glad you guys are doing so well! I know it was so nice to finally have a yard once we moved out of the basement apartment we were in. More space is really nice too. It's awsome that you had so much help. Moving can be no fun and so much work. Lot of help makes it sooo much better. Hope you love your new place and thing keep going so well!

kimiko said...

Benny looks so grown up! And Mom and Dad look the same as they always do in pictures. Hee hee. You know how I have a resting face? I think Dad has a photo face.

josh and jacqs said...

i have been thinking about you!! I am so glad to see your getting into a house!! That is awesome!! how is life, are you working? Loving being at home?