Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hammari visit

I didn't take one single picture. I suck. My sister Kimiko's husband had an interview in the South Bay, so the family stayed with us for a few days. Benny and Mayumi had fun making huge messes and fighting with each other. And all too quickly, his playmate was gone and he keeps asking where they all went.

This was Benny's prayer tonight:
"Thank you friends. Thank you Eli come over (we were babysitting one of his friends for the evening). Thank you friends. Please bless Uncle Dan and Iko and Ami. Please bless Uncle Dan and Iko and Ami. Thank you friends."

It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard.

Some not so sweet things about the visit:
-Kimiko and I took 4 hours to get ourselves and children ready and out the door. After driving all the way to Sausalito to go to the children's museum, we arrive to find it closed on Mondays. Good to know.
-Ben was sick and couldn't do anything with us. But the rest of us were too tired to do anything anyway.
-I got a horrible case of the stomach flu. All I could think was how I thought I was dying, but even worse, what if Dan got the flu just in time for his interview. It reminded me of a time just about a year ago when Ben and I drove out here for a job interview as well. On the way we both suffered a horrible case of the stomach flu, the worst we have ever felt in our lives. Such dejavu--same time of year, same flu, same purpose in traveling to the same area....But thankfully no one else got sick. Except for me again as now I have another sinus infection due to this year's super power pollen. But oh well, everyone is well and pretty healthy and we can't complain (even though I still do).

3 comments:

kimiko said...

That's the cutest little prayer I've ever heard! Hopefully Benny, Uncle Dan, Iko, and Ami will be reunited soon.

Carrie said...

Yeah, I'm glad you found me because now I get to read your blog too. Love Benny's prayer!

mom2JJ said...

Cute prayer. I'm glad Kimiko got to visit ya! I know it must've been really nice to have them there! Hope ya feel better soon!