Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 birthdays

Happy 2nd birthday, Benny! Er, happy 26th month birthday, Benny! Yeah, Jan 2nd was 2 months ago. But at least I did take pics on the real day(s).

Party #1 at Grandma Sue's in Utah over Christmas trip:





Party #2 in Willard, UT at my sister's family's house. We have an annual New Year's Bingo party, so we combined that and cousin Keelia's birthday all into one party (thanks for sharing your special day, Keelia!):




Party #3 in Pinole, CA after we got back from Utah. Grandpa Christensen didn't want to miss out on everything that happened in Utah, so they spent the actual birthday here:


I have never been to so many parties and seen so many presents all at one time like we did this Christmas.

(Info for myself for 2 year old Benny): He is still very big (35 pounds, 38 inches) and not slowing down. This is hard when he wants to be carried, or other people think he's older than he is and should be doing more than he is. But he is doing well. He has an incredible vocabulary. He is very sweet and caring and has such a mild and pleasant disposition, something you could see from the moment he was born. We get told over and over by other people what a good and obedient child he is, and I am very grateful for that as I have NO PATIENCE. Don't know what I'll do with a kid not like him. Although he is very stubborn and everything now is "Benny do it!" He is definitely all boy and loves to rough house, play with cars and noisy toys, jump in puddles, and kid around. He is really fun, funny and is always making us laugh. The other day he put on his dad's shoes and came walking into the kitchen and called out, "Mommy, I'm ready! I'm ready go store you!" He is also learning to say his nighttime prayers and it is so cute to hear. He knows his shapes, colors, and numbers to 10. We are working on potty training and he loves to "go potty on Elmo, get jelly bean!" He still loves cartoons and also wants a yard, so I am hoping to have a house in the not too distant future.
He is a great little boy, better than I could have ever hoped for, and I am grateful I have been able to be home with him the past 6 months.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Happy late birthday, Benny! (Still a shocker to see him with hair...just seemed like forever that he didn't have any. ) Such a doll and very intense when he is eating. cute!

kimiko said...

I love how half of the pictures are of him eating. That boy sure loves his food. :) He's only 38 inches? I was thinking he was 39 inches. That means he's only 9 inches taller than Mayumi, not 10, and 17 pounds heavier. Hee hee, I love comparing your giant boy to my midget girl.

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday Benny! What a cute two year old! How fun to have 3 parties...you sure know how to celebrate!

Esther said...

That is so cool that he is a such an obedient kids. Jordan isn't bad, but I definately envy some other kid's parents in the ward. He can tend to have selective listening. Benny sounds like such a neat kid. The birthday celebrations looked fun!