Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Little Things

I had a day the other day where several nice things happened, and I thought about how we really are blessed. I wanted to write them down to remind me so I wouldn't forget.
And because I dind't act right away, of course I have forgotten. Why is it so easy to remember and focus on the negative, but so difficult to see the good? We're quick to look at the things we don't have, and slower to see what we do have.

Well unfortunately I cannot remember everything, but one thing I am really thankful for is my sweet niece. She called from Utah to say she had been thinking of me and felt like she needed to ask me if we wanted her camera. I have an old, slow camera, but a camera nonetheless, so when my brother was out visiting he gave his camera to my niece Mariko. I really want to replace mine with something better but can't afford it. Mariko said she isn't really using the camera and would be happy to send it to me.

Just one of the little things that put a smile on my face

5 comments:

Lori said...

yes i too need to remember the positive things in life. for sure!!!! cool about the camera!!!

kimiko said...

Oooh, you are so lucky! Now maybe you can stop using your phone camera. The past few days I have also been thinking about doing a blog post about the little things. This month has been so stressful, but many good things have happened too.

Brooke said...

cousin kari--i had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago! i thought of something nice that had happened, and meant to write it in my journal on sunday. i put it off, and then a few days later when i got around to it, i forgot what happened! isn't that silly? i'm trying to be better now too! thanks for your fun posts :) i love seeing baby benny, that's not quite the baby anymore! :)

Jacqs said...

I cant believe benny is in a toddler bed, i feel like that is such a landmark for them!!! I know its easy to focus on the negative, but one thing I always loved about you is that even though we could get going together(esp about work) you always found a way to bring it around to a positive!! I think one of your best traits

Stephanie Córdova said...

Little Benny is getting so big and is as adorable as ever! Thanks for the comment...I feel like a baluga whale these days and can't wait for little Isaac to come! I heard you are coming to visit in December, hope I can see you while you're here!