Saturday, June 30, 2012

June fun

 I will just start by saying we had a nice June.  The "cool Bay weather" has, as usua,l been warm and I have taken the kids swimming at our pool several times.  We went to Utah to visit a bit of family while Ben had a job interview.  We didn't make the rounds to everyone because we didn't want to stress and knew we'd most likely be back soon and could spend more time then.
The next few pics are from our trip to Utah. We first went up north and stayed at my sister Janice's house for a few days to let Benny play and visit with my Grandma Christensen.  I thought she looked really good and we had an enjoyable time.






Then we went to Lehi for Ben's interview in Provo.  We celebrated Grandma Sue's birthday and spent time with the cousins that live there. Benny once again had a blast and we also got to be there for our nephew Eli's bday.
 My sister Helen and her two girls were also kind enough to drive out from Stockton/Tooele and visit us for dinner and swimming at our hotel. They're always full of laughs.


My sister Kimiko had her baby, Lilli June, while we were gone. I was so bummed to miss it.  But she is a cutie and a sweetie.  My sister Janice and 3 of her 4 kids came out to see the baby and head down to visit my parents.  Benny adores his 11 year old cousin Connor and they play, play, PLAY when they get together.  It's really fun that even though there is such an age gap, Connor is so good to him.  Benny loves being able to play boy games (bad guys, etc) with Connor. We enjoyed having Janice, Jacqi (who will have a little baby boy in the fall!), Carson (who just graduated high school!) and Connor for the weekend. And it was funny as we had just seen them less than a week ago.

(Benny, Lilli, Connor)

And we have gone swimming on the hot days.  With no a/c a dip in the pool really feels good.  Even Ellie loves it.  I wish I had a good shot of her adorable swimsuit from Grandma Sue.


And on to July where we will have even more adventures.

No comments: