Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bringing it back

"It" would be "our family."  "Back" would be "the state of Utah."

As I mentioned in the previous post, we went to Utah for a job interview.  As I also mentioned, we didn't see a ton of friends and family because we knew we were going back.  It is so crazy how all this played out and I am not sure that Ben wants me to share everything.  So I will just say that it has been another ride and faith promoting experience, and proof that God is definitely in charge with our best interests at heart.

We didn't plan on moving back to Utah once we got out here to California.  We don't miss the snow at all and we enjoy the coast.  Sure the Bay Area isn't my favorite place in the world, but I didn't quit my job, sell our house, and pick up everything just to turn around and go right back.  We knew there was no way we could afford to live in Utah on a teacher's salary. We did miss family, but we had some here and made a lot of friends at church.

Ben had been on the lookout for a job for over a year.  He applied to quite a few here and there throughout California and in Utah just for kicks. We had been praying for direction in finding the right job at the right time. Then about 2 months ago he said he felt like we really needed to go back to Utah.  I of course thought he was crazy since it just didn't make sense at all in the financial scheme of things, but I trust him and figured he was right.

We have been left hanging in more ways than one and the past couple months have been really stressful.  But Ben finally accepted a job at Clear Horizons Academy in Provo (now moved to Orem) and will start in August.  I have no idea how it worked out financially as that also doesn't make sense. Well, I do know-- it's a miracle and huge blessing. We will in no way be wealthy but we won't starve like we formerly thought.  It's a private school, not public, which makes a big difference. We'll still want to look at supplementing Ben's income a little. But it truly is another miracle and I will have to write more of the details in my journal.

I've told people I have mixed emotions.  I think I disappointed my mother-in-law when she realized we weren't jumping for joy at moving.  But I do want to try to focus more on not having mixed emotions and just being glad for the opportunity, glad that God is mindful of us, and glad to go because that is where we feel we need to be.  I will miss the coast and the people of the Hilltop 2nd Ward.  They truly have been our family and we have had so many wonderful experiences here.  But I guess it is time to go and have more different experiences. I am reminded once again that with God, all things are possible. I wish I'd stop forgetting that.


6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well I'm excited for you! James is excited to make a new friend! I hope you find a great place to live.

Brooke said...

We are super excited for you all and this new adventure in Utah :) What a good reminder that God really is in charge. I keep forgetting that too :)

Tim and Kristi Corless said...

Your kids are so cute! They look so much alike too. How exciting to be starting a new adventure! We've just had to trust in Heavenly Father's promptings with all of our comings and goings too and His way is always the right way. It's comforting to know that if we listen to Him, all will be well!!!

Angela Okada said...

You are so full of faith! One of the best posts! Best wishes with the move!!!!

kimiko said...

I have mixed emotions too! Of course we don't want you to leave, but of course we want you guys to be happy after three years of not knowing what you were supposed to do. Mayumi will sure miss her Benny. But who knows what'll happen in the future. We certainly weren't planning on moving out here. I'm not saying we're going back to Utah anytime soon, just that we never know how things will work out.

stephanie said...

I've been a little off with all the kids home this summer. You post made me think of a very little book I read in college "No Abiding City" by Bede Jarret. Our true home is not here and things like this help us keep our eyes focused on the goal. Praying for safe travels as you move!