Friday, February 19, 2010

Goings on

Benny likes to mess with my make-up. This pic was on a mild day. Yesterday, however, I let him do whatever he wanted while I cleaned the kitchen. This led to cleaning the entire bathroom after he applied foundation all over it and himself. There will be no more playing with mommy's make-up (especially as Daddy thinks it is not macho enough).

While I shower I usually give him some cereal and he watches cartoons in my bed. Look closely and you can see the froot loops so neatly lined up on the comforter. He is so precise in the things he does. It will be interesting to see what he chooses for a career.

Valentine's weekend was pretty uneventful as Ben and I don't really like to do much for V-Day, but we did put Benny in a big boy "day bed." We had been meaning to do this for awhile (just like I am meaning to potty train) and finally got around to doing some rearranging. So far so good and he likes to have the freedom of getting in and out. The funny thing is he gets up a lot earlier now. Either that or I just didn't know he was up and left him in his crib for an extra hour or 2! I have mixed feelings about him officially no longer being a baby.

Then Monday was Presidents' Day and Ben had the day off. Yahoo! We actually planned the day and went to the SF Zoo as a family. It was a really nice day and we had a lot of fun. We don't get to go on many outings as a family, so we really made the most of it. The generosity of others really made the day even better as we got the tickets to the zoo, parking, and ride passes from one of Ben's coworkers. And then when we were in the petting zoo, we didn't have enough change for sheep/goat feed, and a little girl came up to Benny and shared hers with him. Very, very sweet.

I'm too lazy to go straighten this video. No one will probably think it is as cute as I do, but I just think it's funny he tells himself he did a good job.


Benny got to ride the carousel twice thanks to the ride passes (train line was like 45 min, no way we were waiting for that!), and he gave his dad a thank you hug:

I have never seen something so cute before as this chimp. He/she was lying down under the blanket, then got up and wrapped it around himself. He just hung out with his blankie in the fog.


And this is the souvenir Benny bought at the zoo. He wasn't super excited about it at first since he wanted everything in the store, but since then he has been talking to it and tucking it in the covers with him at night. He also has a blue pillow that he will not share for the world, but he lovingly places his monkey on the pillow when they go to bed.

And that's about it for now.

10 comments:

Lori said...

okay, I wouldn't recognize Benny with all that hair! i am so used to seeing his head without hair. and i too think that monkey with the blanket is pretty funny. he's not a dumb monkey...cold fog=everyone needs a blanket! And the good job comment was really cute. Little Ben is talking so much!

kimiko said...

He's so grown up! I wonder how he and Ami will get along when they're older. She definitely doesn't line up her froot loops. Hers are strewn all over the place. Just like their mommies, huh?
I love the monkey in the blanket! And that's so cute that Benny shares his beloved pillow with his monkey.
P.S. In some of the photos Benny looks just like Jon.

Court and Jill said...

Oh the make-up! That is funny yet so annoying to have to clean up...ask me how I know :)

Maggie said...

Kari-Lynn! Hi, it's your old roommate from way back when we lived in a shoebox! :) It's amazing how small the world can be. I happen to be looking at my sister's blog, then her brother-in-law's, then I found Brandon Yost's on there, then yours! It sounds lame, doesn't it? Oh well. It's fun to find old friends :) I like your blog, too! Very cute.

Esther said...

That video is so cute! It is amazing how big he is now. Time goes by so fast! We will have to try a petting zoo sometime. That sounds like fun.
It is cool that he transitioned so well to a big bed. That's funny that he gets up earlier now.
Benny looks like such a cutie!

Bingham fam said...

BENNY is so dang cute! I love all the pictures! Look like you guys have been having fun!

Erin said...

He's so cute. What a fun day at the zoo. And the big boy bed move is a sad one. I feel for you.

Steven & Adrienne said...

I loved the video, it was so cute, and it made me miss you guys!! Glad you guys were able to have a fun family outing!! Benny is so adorable, especially with his little blue monkey, and giving Ben hugs.

Angela Okada said...

What a fun family outing! Benny is growing up so fast! Loved the video too.

Maggie said...

Kari, I did get your Christmas card, thank you! We sent out ours only to family this time, but it is on our blog, too. Do you have my email address?