Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bored

Ben will not stop talking about how bored he is. It's too late to do anything fun like watch a movie, but too early to go to bed. I decided I was bored too, and now would be a good time to write down a few things.

So, update on us:
We (ok, really more me) are stressed. We hate moving!

-Sale of the house fell through
-No place to live yet in Cali
-Job situation has minor glitch (ask Ben if you really want to know)

So I'm being a little "woe is me" and will stop lamenting, but I just have to vent those things somewhere. Everything is going to work out, I'm just tired at the moment and would like to see it start working out now, not later. I'm at the point I'd rather just stay here where we are comfortable.
But, it's not about taking the easy road or being comfortable, right? It's about doing what will be worthwhile in the end and what is right for us. And I know the right thing to do is to do this move.

Positives:

-Ben will like this job and enjoy the kids he'll be with
-I will get to stay home more with Benny and spend time with him
-No snow in No Cal! Yay!
-Closer in proximity to some of the grandparents

I'm sure one day I'll look back and say "all that stress was nothing. Look how great it turned out in the end." We just have to get past this stuff and look at the big picture. I tend to get sidetracked on the little things along the way and lose my focus.
I know everyone has things going on right now too; we've all just got different baggage, and this is ours at the moment.
So, for the next few weeks I am going to try to pack up that baggage and store it away and support Ben as he leaves on this venture. Three more days in Utah and he is outta here!
Good luck Ben!

5 comments:

JoDee said...

While moving is always a huge hassle, it is also always a fun adventure. JoDee and I have made four major moves since we have been married. Each one has been a pain, but we have seen different parts of the country and now have a better idea which area we would enjoy living in the best.

By the way, you are looking great. Congrats on your family and your new adventure.

-Brandon

Esther said...

I am sorry this is so stressful! It seems moving can do that to you. I remember being so stressed moving from Ogden too. I was trying to sell my house and I didn't know where I was going to live or work and I was leaving all friends and felt I was starting over again. It was stressful. But I remember Vance talking to me and telling me that when you do your part and trust in the Lord things always work out. And they did. I really believe that is true. You are a type of person that makes things work so I know it will all work out and you are right, one day you will look back and wonder why you even worried. Good luck!!

Court and Jill said...

Oh man, moving is so stressful. Good luck. You are so right...later on you'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. hang in there!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

so sorry things are so stressful Kari!!

i hate moving... and sad we've never "met" even though we live so close.

good luck with it all...

Court and Jill said...

Yay!! I'm glad you liked the turkey. Yum-o!!!