Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting old

My dad is going to kill me for this post. But I told him I was going to do it. So if he does get really mad, I guess I will remove it, but he has been warned. We usually laugh at my mom, but it's your turn now, Dad!
My parents were up for Benny's 2nd birthday last weekend. It was fun to have them here and Benny enjoyed spending time with his grandparents. We tried to go to Chuck E Cheese but it was INSANE, so we had pizza and cake at home. Then Grandpa and Benny watched cartoons together.

Later in the week my mom called to ask if my dad had left a white shirt up here. Dad was pretty sure it was on his body the whole time so it couldn't have been left. I checked through all the laundry and didn't find anything. My mom called again tonight and left 2 messages as they were getting obsessed with finding this white shirt now. My mom had the idea to have me check the birthday pics and see if my dad was indeed wearing the shirt. This is the shirt he had on:



It is not white. I told them it was blue so the mystery had still not been solved. However, then my dad got on the phone and started excitedly getting some notion in his head. He put me on hold. When he came back he said the shirt actually was blue after all. He had it the whole time, he just forgot what color it was. All week they had been looking for a white shirt that didn't exist. He blames this clothing forgetfulness on just being an oblivious guy, but my mom says he's getting old.
No one else probably thinks this is funny as you had to be there, but I was laughing my head off. I'm sure I was laughing so hard I was making my "horse face," as Ben calls it.
Laughing that hard also made my eye hurt more, but it was so worth it

4 comments:

Lori said...

Cute photo of the two thumb suckers.

Hey, one time my mom called me saying she couldn't find the phone anywhere...we were both thinking so hard wondering where it could be...DUH...she was talking on it. we still laugh about that. my excuse was that i was in the middle of something and was half listening to my mom talk about her lost phone but i don't know what her excuse was.

kimiko said...

I laughed more at the picture than the story, although it is pretty funny. Why is Dad sucking his thumb?

Steven & Adrienne said...

I thought it was pretty funny because I can just hear your parents talking to you about it...and the picture is pretty funny also!

Esther said...

That is so funny! It really sounds like something I would do, and I am not even old yet (relatively).