Thursday, December 3, 2009

It was bound to happen sooner or later

Why every child does this at some point, I have no idea:

Benny was sitting in the car eating raisins as we drove back from the park. He started shouting "stuck! stuck!" but I didn't pay much attention as he often complains about something he dropped or that his seatbelt is too tight. He seemed to get even more distressed though and then said the word "nose" too, and that's when I went "oh no" inside and saw his crocodile tears.
Me: Benny, do you have a raisin stuck in your nose?
Benny (excitedly): Nose, raisin, stuck!

I pulled in to the store parking lot as I was headed there anyway and decided instead of taking 5 more minutes to go home and risk it embedding itself further, I would buy some tweezers (so now we have like a bajillion pairs) and get it out myself while I still could. I was not going to end up in the ER or doctor's office for a measly raisin incident.

I performed minor surgery in the cosmetics aisle of Lucky and told Benny how gross that was and not to put stuff up his nose.
And then I've had to be super careful all day not to laugh so he doesn't get the bright idea to humor me and do it again

3 comments:

Bingham fam said...

HA HA :) SORRY! BUT FUNNY! I can actually see you trying not to laugh that must be hard for you.

kimiko said...

Don't forget about the floral bead you got stuck up your nose. And if I remember correctly, you were about 12, not 2. Ha ha :)

Esther said...

So Funny! Jordan did this with a bean. He was very disturbed about it but luckily he didn't get it in too far before I stoped him from imbedding it further.