Monday, August 3, 2009

Good times

My previous post was a bit of a downer, so I thought I better also share some of the positive things going on this summer.
-We've had a lot of things fall into place. We were approved for adoption and are just on the waiting list now for a birth parent to select us.
-We were looking for a home for our dog since we were selling the house and didn't know what the new situation would be, and one of our neighbors just happened to be looking for a housetrained family dog. Couldn't have asked for a better home.
-We've been able to enjoy family and had several birthdays and other get togethers
-We've had TONS of help with babysitting this last semester from Ben's mom and my sis Kimiko, and a few others who have stepped in. We really appreciate their help
-My boss did a ton of dental work for me, even after he knew I'd be quitting. That was really, really nice of him. You'll all have to check out my new pearly whites
-And my hair is starting to grow. Yay!
While Ben and I have had to go to Cali a couple times, we used one of those times to also celebrate our 6th anniversary. We spent the day in San Francisco at Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf and went to the aquarium. If we are in a city with an aquarium, Ben will pretty much make us go (I like aquariums too, but Ben LOVES them).


When we got back, we bribed Benny by taking him to the zoo. When I say "bribe," it's actually just to make him like us again. He never wants to leave Grandma's house after we leave him for a bit, and we missed him, so we wanted him to be happy to see us. Here he is trying to take off--very normal, energetic boy.

Sorry to Ben that this is not the world's greatest pic, but I think it's so funny how Benny has an ear obsession. He sucks his thumb and either holds his ear or someone else's. It's his little comfort object. Kids do weird things.


I love/hate how independent this little bugger is. Now after bathtime I am not allowed to put lotion on him, HE must do it HIMSELF. I do help, though ;)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

He just keeps getting cuter. I love his pictures

Esther said...

I have heard of kids liking to hold an ear while sucking thier thumb before. That is cute that Benny does that!

I can totally relate to the love/hate independance thing. I love to see Jordan learn and grow but really get frustrated when he won't let me do something that I really should be the one doing. It is teaching me patience though!

Gina Hurst said...

Its good to see you see guys in the blogger world. I hope that you move goes better than Doug and I's when we moved to VA.

Bingham fam said...

Your family is so cute! I am glad to hear you got approved for adoption! I hope that goes well. I saw on facebook that you got to california safe. I hope you love it there! KEEP IN TOUCH!