Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More Benny'isms


Ben's mom is always asking what "new and different" things Benny is doing, and when she asks every Sunday night, I can't think of anything. And while she doesn't check the blog, I think I still need to be better about writing them down. So, stop reading now if you don't want to be bored, cuz these things will never be as funny to anyone else as they are to me. And we all know most of us are in it for the pics anyway.

4/19/10-Benny often asks for some sort of snack while he is in the car. We are usually getting settled in when he asks, so I tell him to hold on and I’ll get it in a minute. And then I usually forget and he has to remind me. So yesterday we had gone to the library storytime and he was asking for snacks pretty much the moment we got there. I doubt you can eat in the library so I told him to wait till we got out to the car. He kept reminding me and said he wanted a granola bar. We finally got all buckled into our seatbelts in the car and he looked at me from the backseat and shouted,
“BAR! BAR!! BAR!!! Sorry. bar.” He was done saying he “wants a granola bar.” He had resorted to one word cave man talk.
It is one of the funniest moments I have encountered yet. I was in shock from the yelling, and then I just burst out laughing. It’s funny to me that he was so frustrated he would shout repeatedly what he wanted; he just does not do that. But funnier that he immediately caught himself, apologized, and lowered his voice. I didn’t say anything, and I don’t think my face registered anything either, it was all so fast.
You really had to be there, there is no way anyone will think this was funny, but the look on his face, and the comprehension just amazed me. He is such a thinker. It is by far one of my favorite 2 year old moments.

4/20/10-Benny kept farting tonight, a few times when we were holding him with our arms right under his bottom. Gross. His response was that he “Got lotta gas. Got lotta gas in my bum.”
And he does say “excuse me.” But it still stinks

7 comments:

Lori said...

Little Benny is a funny and cute and clever boy.

Kristi said...

What a smartie! He sounds like an excellent communicator. Gracie went through a phase where she would say, "Please" but not elaborate. "Please what?" we'd ask and then she'd just cry, "PLEASE!" Very frustrating! Hopefully we'll get to see you at the Christensen get together next month! Maybe Ben can teach Gracie a thing or two!

kimiko said...

I'm so excited to see him this weekend . . . and perhaps regularly after that. ;)

Lindsay said...

Boys are so fun. They do fart a lot but maybe a girl two year old would do that too. Either way what great manners Benny has :)

Esther said...

Benny is so cute. That is amazing that he has so many manners. I constantly have to remind Jordan to ask nicely. Maybe someday you could run off on my kids! :)

Mrs. Patterson said...

WHAT a cutie! And I think those stories are hilarious! Thaddy was farting the other night, and I said, "Did you fart?" He said, "No, mom. Toot." Well. I guess the babysitter uses more delicate language then us :)

mom2JJ said...

Hey I love reading your posts. They make me laugh and think. Keep 'em coming! :)

P.S. Thanks for your comment too, it made me feel good!